Last Updated on
Florence Street, Brunswick, Australia – Breathe Architecture
In a breakthrough planning decision, the development has no provision for car parks. Instead, there are 65 bike spaces and a GoGet car is available less than a minute’s walk from the development.
With extensive shopping facilities within easy walking distance and an adjacent railway station connecting directly to the CBD – which is just six kilometres (four miles) distant, owners clearly see little need for vehicle ownership.
Other appealing eco features include:
- A roof-top vegetable garden
- Double-glazed, thermally broken windows and balcony doors throughout the building
- Timber flooring and feature walls from salvaged timber
- Exposed concrete ceilings and structural columns to provide thermal mass which, along with extra insulation and ceiling fans, ensures that no air-conditioning is required in the apartments
- Raw and toxic free finishes to tapware, door handles and joinery ensuring that the indoor air quality is as optimal as possible for residents.
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox.
Another inner-city apartment development that challenges the norm is The Hive Apartments…